Urethritis – is an inflammation of the mucous membrane of the urethra, the narrow canal through which urine is originated from an organism. In males, the urethra passes as sperm. In addition to direct urethra, urethritis can affect the bladder, prostate and reproductive organs. It comes at any age, females – regularly than men.
Urethra, specifically in ladies, are asymptomatic. However, it can do the following functions:
- Burning feeling when urinating
- Pus or white mucus secretion from the penis
- Burning and itching of the penis
- The presence of blood in the urine and/ or semen
- Stomach pains
- Pain when urinating
- Fever and chills
- Regular urination
- If you have symptoms of urethritis need to instantly consult a physician.
The reasons for urethritis can be:
- Germs and other microbes that permeated into the urethra
- Swellings and swellings at the time of sexual intercourse (females).
- A bacterial infection that developed after treatment with prescription antibiotics.
- Syndrome of Reiter.
- Illness, sexually sent infections such as chlamydia, syphilis Syphilis – penalty of Venus Syphilis – punishment of Venus.
- Gonorrhea Gonorrhea – self-governed Gonorrhea – self-governed.
- Herpes simplex virus Herpes simplex – in truth not so simple Herpes simplex – in truth, not that simple.
For the diagnosis of urethritis medical professional examines the genitalia. In addition, evaluates of urine samples or urethral or vaginal mucosa.
For the treatment of urethritis generally prescribe prescription antibiotics. The treatment is also suggested that the sexual partner of the patient. For the entire period of treatment is recommended to avoid sexual intercourse, since the active disease can continue after the signs vanish.
Depending upon the reason for urethritis medical professional writes among the following drugs:.
- Tetracycline 500 mg four times a day for 7 days.
- Erythromycin, 500 mg 4 times a day for 7 days (ideally during pregnancy).
- Ceftriaxone 250 mg as soon as a day.
- Ofloxacin, 400 mg once daily.
- Ciprofloxacin 500 mg as soon as a day.
- Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for 10 days.
- Metronidazole, 2 g orally once a day (for use during pregnancy).
- Clindamycin 300 mg orally twice everyday for 7 days.
- Acyclovir 400 mg orally three times a day for 10 days.
- Famciclovir, 250-500 mg orally twice a day for 10 days.
- Valacyclovir, 1000 mg orally two times a day for 10 days.
To prevent urethritis is suggested to limit the number of sexual partners, using condoms and observe excellent individual hygiene.
Alternative treatment approaches.
To decrease the symptoms of urethritis relief is suggested to include in the diet plan the following changes:.
Close nutrition of the prospective food allergens, such as dairy products, wheat, corn, preservatives and additives.
Eat foods that are rich in anti-oxidants specifically fruits, berries and vegetables.
Avoid improved items such as white bread, butter and sugar.
Limit your intake of red meat; changed with lean meat, fish (ideally fish types reside in cold seas), tofu and beans.
Rather of margarine and butter, usage sunflower, olive oil and other vegetable oils.
Limitation the amount you utilize trans fats. They are generally a great deal of cookies and other baked products from industrial production, fries, junk food, prepared food, margarine.
Prevent coffee and other stimulants such as alcohol and tobacco.
Daily Drink 6-8 glasses of water.
Workout at least 5 times a week for a minimum of Thirty Minutes.
Take multivitamins with vitamins A, C, D and E and micronutrient magnesium, calcium, zinc and selenium.
Take fish oil capsules – they contain the essential human omega-3.